SPCCND Upcoming Events
Upside Down Thinking
Are you trying to collaborate with other agencies, with business, with governments about tackling complex issues and challenges but feeling stuck or frustrated by lack of traction, how long things are taking, or resistence to collaborating to the extent that you know is needed?
Taking new ideas and making them reality requires not just more than thinking, but thinking differently about how to be the disruptive force that can unseat the status quo. These are a few of the questions Mark Holmgren wil address in his workshop Upside Down Thinking.
In this workshop, Mark will explore how Upside Down Thinking helps us think more clearly about the pressures in our organizations that maintain the status quo. He will show how thinking differently can challenge our most basic assumptions about the work we do, and how these assumptions can sometimes reinforce the systems we are trying to change. Participants will spend time in dialogue, connecting and sharing their experiences, and will be challenged to consider how they can foster shared and collaborative visions of the future and how to make them come true.
On November 24th, Mark will be in Cambridge, ON for Upside Down Thinking - a one-day workshop to explore:
- Exploring Lateral Thinking, Integrative Thinking, Divergent and Convergent Thinking, Systems Thinking as well as the fundamentals of Upside Down Thinking and how it can add value to other ways of thinking collaboratively.
- Practical tools: learn practical tools for thought from the Upside Down Thinking toolbox, such as asking Wicked Questions, heretical propositions, and turning norms upside down to bring about disruptive innovation.
- The impact of groups and organizations: how organization and group dynamics impact our ability to think and change together
- Principles to guide upside down thinking in groups
- Applying Upside Down Thinking in a group dynamic: how to practice Upside Down Thinking as both a group participant and facilitator
Special rates are available for teams registering two or more people. Be sure to register as early as possible as space is limited. Please visit the event webpage for more details on costs, logistics and agenda information. If you have any questions, please contact Natasha at email@example.com.
Rural Youth Forum
Calling all Youth and Young Adults! Help us plan our Rural Youth Forum! Click here for more information.